Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 January 2012

It's not easy being lean...

...in Namibia. I know, I know, I said I'd try to focus on writing about my mission instead of a 'good grub guide to Windhoek' but I couldn't let these little gems go unmentioned.

The Gourmet Restaurant -  is a lovely chilled out eatery off the Post Street Mall in the centre of town. Ideal for sampling one of their delectable and value for money lunchtime specials. Here I enjoyed a warm game salad and lime soda for lunch one Saturday, delicious!

When my friend Beth from Okonjima came to town a few weeks ago, we met up for dinner at the Cattle Baron in Maerua Mall, where I tucked into a great gilled steak.

I indulged in yet more meat in the form of a 'raunchy open sandwich' at the Cicada cafe at Wilde Eende, raunchy because of the yummy bacon.

...and satisfied some of my sweet cravings at Sugar and Spice in the Bougain Villas complex, Sam Nujoma Avenue where I polished off a delectable fruit cheesecake accompanied by a Viennese coffee (Melange) on more than one occasion.

In my last week in Windhoek, I treated myself to a warm prawn salad and chocolate brownie with Grand Marnier cream at the Stellenbosch Restaurant , naughty but very nice!

View of the courtyard from the Stellenbosch restaurant





No comments:

Post a Comment